ATrpms Real Issues

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Thu Jan 6 20:11:28 UTC 2005

On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 12:14:03PM -0500, Temlakos wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-01-06 at 17:28 +0100, Axel Thimm wrote:
> OK, I just enabled at-stable. And immediately it wants to remove
> libpostproc (the video processing library for mplayer) and rpmlibs, in
> order to upgrade mplayer (and family) and apt, respectively. What's
> going on here?

It shouldn't remove, but replace them with ffmpeg and librpm43, right?

libpostproc moved from mplayer to ffmpeg (rather at the same time
mplayer started hosting ffmpeg's CVS), so effectively ffmpeg swallowed
libpostproc, and %{_libdir}/libpostproc* belong to ffmpeg now.

Wrt to rpm-libs: ATrpms provides rpm upgrades for older Red Hat/Fedora
Core releases since a couple of years. In order to not break
dependencies librpmXX packages are created (like to ones Red Hat
itself created some time ago). rpm-libs itself is missing the version
info in comparison to prior rpm releases, and will also be removed in
the near future:

https://lists.dulug.duke.edu/pipermail/rpm-devel/2004-September/000068.html

But these topics are probably more relevant for ATrpms-users, I guess :)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net