Video-Streaming-Server

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Thu Jan 6 20:44:06 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-06 at 14:36, Ferguson, Michael wrote:
> Can I butt in with a question here?
>
> Let's say I have Cable-TV (which I don't) can I use this software to
> take the cable feed and pass it back out onto my LAN so users can view
> it on their workstations?

Yes, but I'm not sure what tuner cards are compatible with what
platform/versions.  You can either pass the capture output through
in real time to a multicast or unicast feed or capture to files
and replay those later - or capture the files to a shared location
that vlc can access directly instead of using the client/server
function.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com