Thinkpad special cursor buttons

Dave Mitchell davem at iabyn.com
Fri Jan 7 00:30:45 UTC 2005

On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 12:34:19AM +0100, Tim Niemueller wrote:
> What I want to do: There are two special keys on newer IBM Thinkpads
> (here it is a T41p). I want to use them for "next desktop" and "previous
> desktop". For some information and a foto see
> http://snarfed.org/space/thinkpad+keys+in+firefox
>
> So I tried to do it the xmodmap way. And I thought it worked. But ...

There's an easy GUI way to do it:

Applications > Preferences > Keyboard shortcuts

scroll down to Window management, select
	Switch to workspace on the right (or whatever)
then hit the special key you want associated with this action

--
"You're so sadly neglected, and often ignored.
A poor second to Belgium, When going abroad."