[SOLVED] Palm hotsync ends prematurely [ - upgrade kernel]

Andrew Robinson awrobinson at cox.net
Fri Jan 7 01:59:01 UTC 2005

Michael W. Carney wrote:

> Andrew Robinson wrote:
> | Got a new Palm Zire 31 for Christmas and I'm trying to get it to work
> | with my FC3 installation. When I run pilot-xfer, the hotsync starts, but
> | the Palm ends it after about 10 seconds. Does anyone know why this
> | happens or how I could fix it?
>
> There's a problem with FC3 kernels in the range of 667 < x < 715.
> Upgrade your kernel to 724, and you should be set.
> If this procedure works for you, reply to the list w/ [SOLVED] in the
> subject field. There are too may "palm" related (as well as other)
> emails regarding partial / erroneous solutions and I'd rather not add to
> that if we can help it.

Michael, the kernel upgrade did the trick. I inadverdently verified this
because after upgrading the kernel with yum, I ran pilot-xfer before
rebooting. Same problem. I realized that I was still running the older
kernel, rebooted, and ran pilot-xfer again. It worked that time. Thanks
for the answer and all the advice about the udev configuration files.

Andrew