How do you know?

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Fri Jan 7 03:31:42 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-07 at 09:16, Emmanuel Seyman wrote:
> Gentoo: This is next on my list. I just need to find the time (lots of it,
> 	according to all accounts).

Not really. Once you get up to speed that is. It's no-way as easy as FC
install or ubuntu. But neither is it as hard as LFS.

The steps are _very_ well documented. It took me like 3 hours to get
from Stage2 install to kernel. After that, it's more like 1 day to get
Gnome/adobe/k3b/xine/mplayer/etc/etc up and running.

But take my word for it, you'll love the way it handles and portage is
simply wonderful. Want a program? esearch <name>, want to install?
emerge <name>.

--
Ow Mun Heng
Gentoo/Linux on DELL D600 1.4Ghz