non-interactively mount windows-based network shares at login

Phil Schaffner P.R.Schaffner at IEEE.org
Fri Jan 7 05:07:03 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-06 at 16:29 -0600, Richard Duran wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there something available that may be used to mount windows-based
> network shares at login without requiring the user to provide their
> password again? I've read a little bit on pam_mount, but haven't found
> much documentation yet (although I'm still looking). Is this the right
> direction for me to be taking?

See "man smbmount" and read the stuff on passwords and credentials
files, then construct an appropriate fstab entry if still game.  Just
typing "smbmount" in a terminal may give sufficient info.

http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Wikilearn/SambaMount may also help.

Phil