Thinkpad special cursor buttons

Tim Niemueller gmane at niemueller.de
Fri Jan 7 10:48:47 UTC 2005

Dave Mitchell wrote:

> There's an easy GUI way to do it:
>
> Applications > Preferences > Keyboard shortcuts
>
> scroll down to Window management, select
> 	Switch to workspace on the right (or whatever)
> then hit the special key you want associated with this action

No, this won't work. The key does not have a keysym so you only get the
hex code in the interface and it won't work at all. This is what I can
do once I have set the xmodmap file. But as I mentioned I can only do
this once - I have to completely kill X after this to get it working a
second time. Doing this automagically on login didn't work either.

	Tim

--
     Tim Niemueller <tim at niemueller.de>      www.niemueller.de