How do you know?

Mostafa Z. Afgani (darkknight) no-reply-gw at fcp.homelinux.org
Fri Jan 7 12:49:08 UTC 2005

> Ow Mun Heng wrote:
> Want a program? esearch <name>, want to install?
> emerge <name>.

How's that any different from

# yum info <package>
# yum install <package>

with a proper set of repos? Even better,

# smart install <package> ;)

Now, my reasons for going bleeding-edge:

My first linux was RH8 back in 2002. Then I had to go backwards to 7.3 to use a program that wouldn't work on RH8.

After that came RH9, FC1, FC2, and now, ofcourse, FC3.

I tried using SuSE, but it just didn't feel right. It was a bit too YaSTy I guess.. manual editing of *.conf files is no joy in that world..

The other thing abt SuSE that annoyed me the most was the fact that after su-ing to root from a console, I wasn't allowed X!

Minor things .. one might say .. but I suppose I've just grown to love the RH/Fedora way of things..

Cheers,
-M

--
This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org