USB2 trouble: EHCI HCD died

Charles E Taylor IV tomalek at mindspring.com
Fri Jan 7 14:52:41 UTC 2005

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 14:24:23 +0100
Michael J Gruber <michaeljgruber at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> I have a noname PC Card/USB 2 controller with a NEC chip, the drive is a
                                                  ^^^^^^^^

This seems to be the common factor,  My Dynex USB2.0 controller card has
the same chipset and dies with the same error, no matter what kind of USB2
device is plugged into it - hard drive, CD burner, etc.

> Western Digital, it's my only USB 2 device. The issue might be the
> embedded IDE controller. Strange thing is that it works perfectly with
> kernel 2.6.5 (Knoppix).

Same here.  Works with kernel 2.6.5.  Actually, if you downgrade your
kernel to the 2.6.5 kernel shipped with Fedora Core 2, your USB2 card will
probably work in Fedora, too.  (Mine does, if booted with FC2's 2.6.5
kernel).

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek at mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry teacher, Linux enthusiast!