ipw2200 answers and questions

jim lawrence fedorajim at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 16:15:27 UTC 2005

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 08:38:45 -0600, Aleksandar Milivojevic
<amilivojevic at pbl.ca> wrote:
> Roman Maeder wrote:
> > In one network profile I defined (the info in
> > http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-3-Manual/sysadmin-guide/s1-network-profiles.html
> > is very useful and profiles "just work") I set the eth1 wireless interface
> > to not be configured at boot time, but it nevertheless tried to set it up.
> > I seems I also need
> > HOTPLUG=no
> > in ifcfg-eth1. Now it is left alone when I power up the machine.
>
> Ah, I was just abuot to ask about this one.  Is ignoring ONBOOT for
> Wireless cards a bug, or is this how the things are supposed to work?
>
> --
> Aleksandar Milivojevic <amilivojevic at pbl.ca>    Pollard Banknote Limited
> Systems Administrator                           1499 Buffalo Place
> Tel: (204) 474-2323 ext 276                     Winnipeg, MB  R3T 1L7
>
> --

In Theroy, the NetworkManager is supposed to do this for you
in the terminal  type   NetworkManagerInfo
on your task bar you should get some type of spinning sonar   if you
have the ipw2200 it will NOT work.   the app doesn't support drivers
that don't scanning  for what ever reason, you can only scan from the
terminal
in the terminal,  type   iwscan list  this will list all availible AP's

--

Still Learning Linux
Still HaTE Microsoft