Suspected Intruder [Virus???}A

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 7 19:55:20 UTC 2005

All:

>This looks like a regular spam/virus, sent from a dialup/dsl line in the
>Canary islands (31.red-212-40-232.user.auna.net [212.40.232.31]). I
>wouldn't worry about it.

I would delete these messages upon receipt.  I get about five of them a day.  Fortunately, Earthlink traps them and sends me a nice message.  I log onto Earthlink's web mail and delete them.  FWIW, look at the size of the attachment.  It should be about 75-80KB.  This is a known enc encoded virus.  The senders actual email address is spoofed to be yours and the receipant's address is spoofed from a list held at the poor person whose system now has this virus.  Fortunately (or unfortunately), your address was picked up from an address book on the poor person's system, so they have to be someone that you (or a secondary system such as this list) send mail to or they sent mail to you in the past.

In any case, you are not the sender of this message and you can delete it if you want/desire.

James McKenzie
A Proud User of Linux!