Identical systems

Dale Sykora dalen at czexan.net
Sat Jan 8 04:38:23 UTC 2005

Thomas Chung (tchung) wrote:
>>"Ashley M. Kirchner" wrote:
>>What's the easiest way to, after a system gets setup (FC3 installed
>>fresh on the drive), "replicate" it across other machines with the same
>>hardware?  Basically I want to end up with several machines with the
>>same setup and programs.
>>

> I recommend 'kickstart'
>
> http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/custom-guide/ch-redhat-config-kickstart.html
>
> Thomas

In addition to Thomas's post, you could also save time by copying the
FC3 iso images to an nfs server and do a network install.  Network
installs can work with kickstart and will allow you to install multiple
machines at the same time.  It is also faster than a cd based install.
See Daniel Owens instructions at http://fedoranews.org/dowen/nfsinstall/