Configuring IPSEC Tunnel on FC3 kernel 2.6

asndp no-reply-gw at fcp.homelinux.org
Sat Jan 8 12:29:03 UTC 2005

I am trying to configure and set up a IPSEC tunnel between two private networks.  Both the gateways are installed with Fedora core 3 kernel 2.6, Openswan and IPSEC tools.

Left network        Left IPSEC Gateway     Right VPN Gateway   RightNetwork
10.0.0.0/24 ------> 192.168.11.1 -------> 192.168.11.100 -------> 10.0.0.1/24
					IPSEC Tunnel

I have defined my own keys and it workes fine for host-to-host configuration. When checked with the above scenario, all SA(Security Associations) and Security Policy Database(SPDs) reflect the scenario above. These are tested with setkey function
setkey -DP on both sides respectively.
Checklists like ip forwarding, security associations, security policies are tested and they are fine. When tried to test my setup i.e. Ping from 10.0.0.2 to 10.0.1.2 and vice versa, it do not work and I do not see any tunneling happening.

Can someone suggest me how should I go about it to get it working?.

--
This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org