LVM Permissions with UDEV

Kelly Stephens kelly.m.stephens at insightbb.com
Sat Jan 8 16:34:50 UTC 2005

Hey,

I am currently manually setting the group and permissions in the
/dev/mapper directory for control and my logical volumes to root.disk
and 0660.  Initially udev sets them to root.root 0600.  I am running
amanda and it complains about a lack of access unless I make the
change.  I see that udev is configured to set non LVM partitions to
root.disk 0660 but cannot find where LVM stuff is handled.  Should I
create a local permissions file for udev or does this need to be
corrected in the distribution?

Thanks,
Kelly