disk # 2 iso for i386

C. Linus Hicks lhicks at nc.rr.com
Sun Jan 9 01:41:35 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-01-08 at 19:05 -0500, dmitrik at mindspring.com wrote:
> I've downloaded and burned to cd the disk2 iso for
> the 386 install, but the media check has failed 3 times.
> Any idea what might be wrong? the first disk passes the
> test.

When you download the isos, also get the MD5SUM files. When your
download completes, verify that the download gave you an uncorrupted
file using the MD5SUM for each disk before you burn it. After you burn
the CDs, verify them against the iso images, or use the MD5SUM again.

If you follow these steps, you then know the CDs you burned have an
accurate copy.

--
C. Linus Hicks <lhicks at nc dot rr dot com>