installation problems

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Sun Jan 9 02:28:07 UTC 2005

Andrew Blechman wrote:

> My hardware is sufficient:  8GB HDD, 320MB RAM.

> After I hit enter at the boot, it says:
> booting.

> Then it goes to the blank screen.  Ctl-Alt-F? for all ? doesn't do
> anything.  In fact, nothing does anything except Ctrl-Alt-Del.  But if I
> push enough keys, the computer starts clicking.  I have no idea what's
> going on.

Sounds like the installers don't understand your graphics adapter. Can
you find out what it is and look up release notes regarding it with
various distros?

Try:

linux vga=ask
--
"The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing,
but to us who are being saved, it is the power of God."

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/