FC3 Usability Problems

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Sun Jan 9 05:42:34 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-01-08 at 23:27, Matthew Miller wrote:

> > don't we just park an 'applications' folder on the desktop
> > with appropriate launchers and subfolders and have it work
> > in all window managers the same way without special menu editor
> > mechanisms or ways that you don't already know to navigate?
>
> Which ways do and don't I already know? Are they better or worse than the
> ones you know and don't?

If program launchers are in the same folders as all other objects
you use, it doesn't matter what way you know how to manipulate
them, it is at least one way less that you have to know than
if the menus are different.  And it can be many fewer ways if
you use different window managers with different menu concepts.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com