FC3 Usability Problems

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Sun Jan 9 06:07:25 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-01-08 at 23:52, Johnathan Bailes wrote:

> Fedora currently uses the freedesktop method which is a bit different
> than the typical gnome vfs2 virtual folder markup for xml I think.
>
> There is a standard.

The nice thing about standards is that there are so many
to choose from.  And so far none of them make sense in
terms of X's inherent ability to execute programs on
other machines.

> It is just getting everyone essentially to use it.

Fat chance: every program package has to learn how
to install itself into it, and every user has to learn
how to customize it.  And it still won't know when
someone adds a new program that you could execute
from a server on the network.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com