urgent pc wont load

Bogdan Rotariu bogdan at alterox.ro
Sun Jan 9 17:09:46 UTC 2005

www.fedorafaq.com
"Q: I have an nVidia graphics card, and my computer freezes when it's booting!
A: This is a problem with the "Red Hat Graphical Boot" (RHGB) screen and the
 nVidia drivers. To get your computer to boot, you can temporarily disable RHGB:
When you first start your computer, the GRUB screen (where you choose your
Operating System) appears. Select the Fedora that you want to boot into, but press
the a key instead of pressing Enter.
You will see a line somewhat like the following:
kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.6-1.435 ro root=LABEL=/ rhgb quiet

Remove the word "rhgb" from that line, and then press Enter."