how to configure nvidia driver on fc3

sean darcy seandarcy at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 9 18:20:58 UTC 2005

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

>Am So, den 09.01.2005 schrieb sean darcy um 18:12:

>>I've got an nvidia 6600 using the newest nvidia driver (1.0-6629) on fc3.
>>( FWIW, the xorg nv driver will not work with the 6600 ).

>>I've googled to no avail. Do I have to edit xorg.conf by hand? Or is there
>>some configure gui that works with the nvidia driver?

>http://www.fedorafaq.org/#nvidia

I'd seen that. I have the driver installed. Took off rhgb from the
grub.conf. xorg works with the new driver.

I'm looking for something that will configure it: color depth, refresh rate,
hsync, vrefresh, etc. I'd prefer not to mess around reading man xorg.conf.
So I'm looking for a system-config-display program for the nvidia driver.

Is there such a thing? Or do I have a long afternoon ahead of me?

sean