how to configure nvidia driver on fc3

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Sun Jan 9 18:58:43 UTC 2005

Am So, den 09.01.2005 schrieb sean darcy um 19:20:

> >http://www.fedorafaq.org/#nvidia
>
> I'd seen that. I have the driver installed. Took off rhgb from the
> grub.conf. xorg works with the new driver.
>
> I'm looking for something that will configure it: color depth, refresh rate,
> hsync, vrefresh, etc. I'd prefer not to mess around reading man xorg.conf.
> So I'm looking for a system-config-display program for the nvidia driver.
>
> Is there such a thing? Or do I have a long afternoon ahead of me?

There is no such tool, just nvidia-settings from the driver package.

To edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf isn't that difficult. It is plain text and
the options are easy to be understood. For NVidia specific settings you
will have to read the readme from the nvidia.com driver site.

> sean

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 19:55:59 up 17 days, 21:40, load average: 0.54, 0.41, 0.34