PCMCIA not working.

David Donnelly brownsfan at shaw.ca
Sun Jan 9 19:44:07 UTC 2005

I have been unable to get any pcmcia card working under fc3. I am
googled to death about this so I turn to the list...

I am attempting to install a Linksys WPC11 ver.3 wireless card. The
laptop is a Compaq r3000. It has a built in wireless which uses a
Broadcom chipset. I have that working with Ndiswrapper. I am intending
to use the Linksys card as a wireless scanner. I have lights on the card
and have installed the wlan-ng driver which is supposed to work with
this card. Although I have configured the card, I get a "wlan1 has
different mac address than expected" on boot. This error actually has
nothing to do with the mac address as I found a similar bug while
googling. What is actually happening is the card is not found. I also
attempted to plugin an older Xircom ethernet pcmcia I had here and it
doesn't work either.

Any suggestions as to what to try. I am considering the fact that the
pcmcia slot may not work on the computer, but I don't have XP on this
computer anymore to try in it windows. I hadn't tried another pcmcia
card prior to this either so I don't know if it ever worked.

Thanks in advance.

David