Installing FC3 on SATA drive

ne... guhvies at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 20:48:04 UTC 2005

On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 12:23:08 -0300, Mariano López Reta
<mlreta at datafull.com> wrote:
> Hi, all.
>
> I'm downloading FC3 x86-64 (as DVD-ISO torrent), and I would like to know if
> it includes drivers for NVidia NForce3/250 chipset (specifically for SATA
> drives).
You'll be fine.

>I'm planning to install it on my new system, with the following
> configuration:
>
> MSI K8N-Neo Platinum motherboard (integrated SATA, 7.1 sound and GigaEther)
> AMD Athlon64 3000+
> 512MB DDR400 RAM
> Hitachi 160GB SATA drive
> Pioneer 114 DVD drive (or I could use my Sony DVD+-RW unit)
> NVidia GeForce 2MX AGP 4x video card
>
> Any comments, advices and hints will be appreciated.
Up the ram if you can and get an AGP 8x card. I have a
Gigabyte mobo with 3 SATA drives. I also have 32bit FC3
installed from cdrom and 64bit FC3 installed from DVD.
The only caveat is that you have to use 32bit Mozilla if
you want to use plugins in 64bit FC3.

N.Emile...
Certified: 75% bastard, 42% of which is tard.
http://www.thespark.com/bastardtest