Configuring ndiswrapper

evan no-reply-gw at fcp.homelinux.org
Sun Jan 9 21:21:04 UTC 2005

First and foremost, I would like to thank all of you that replied so quickly!

I am currently enjoying a wireless connection on Fedora Core 3. For anybody who reads this in the future, here is what I did using the suggestions of those who were so generous as to help me out in this forum:

1. I installed the 2.6.9-1.724_FC3.stk16.i686 kernel from linuxant.com to fix the kernel crash problem that I inevitably did run into.

2. I installed ndiswrapper-1.0rc2

3. I completed the modprobe steps as outlined in the ndiswrapper installation wiki.

4. I installed the lstinds windows driver from the linuxant site.

5. I verified that the modprobe.conf file had the following line in it:

    alias wlan0 ndiswrapper

6. I ran iwconfig wlan0.

7. I went to 'Applications', 'System Settings', Network and added a new wireless connection for ndiswrapper (wlan0).

I now have wireless connectivity, albeit wireless b and not g (which is also supported by the card).  If anyone knows how I can get wireless-g capability it would be greatly appreciated. However, I am happy with the fact that I got this card to work, period, so I'll be content either way.

Again, thanks to everyone for their help!

Evan

--
This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org