Help Needed: Cant Start FEDORA Core2

Rebel rebel_student at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 9 22:41:57 UTC 2005

Hi,
I have run into the following problem:
I have  a Dual Boot Dell Latitude Laptop with Windows
2000 and Fedora core 2. Everything has been fine since
over a year. A few days ago I took out my Ethernet
Card and inserted PCMCIA Xircom Wireless card and set
the corresponding essid. Everything was fine as usual
in my Fedora. 2 days ago I once again took out the
Ethernet card and inserted the Wireless card and then
tried to start the linux: It hangs on to the stage
where it says "Starting PCMICA Services and it never
proceeds from there". Now it shows me the following:

Enabling local filesystem quotas: [OK]
swapon : /dev/hda5: No Such device
Enabling Swap Space [OK]

Yenta IRQ list 0698, PCI irq11
Socket Status: 30000006
Yenta IRQ list  0698, PCI irq11
Socket Status: 30000010
<cursor>

and the cursor never moves on from there and I never
get the same old Fedora Login Screen.
I tried to boot the machine from Fedora Core2 DVD and
tried to upgrade thinking it will fix any modules
which got corrupted somehow but it always tell me that
looks like your swap space has not been initialized
and click OK to Reboot the system. I went in the
rescue mode and I see all my files in /mnt/sysimage. I
tried to run chroot and it gave me a "segmentation
fault". I however saw that all my data was safe. I
therefore went on to Windows. Downloaded Explore2FS
and was able to copy all the important data from Linux
Partition to Windows and Burned CDS.
Now I want to fix this problem. Any helps? Any ideas?
I can always do a fresh install but I thought fixing
this problem would add on to Knowledge.

I appreciate your help!!!

Thanks and Regards,

Shalen