FC3 lost my wireless network device

Robert Hart hartr at interweft.com.au
Sun Jan 9 22:47:16 UTC 2005

Hi

I'm stumped. I use an internal Intel wlan2100 wireles network card in my
Toshiba laptop. To use WEP, this requires I use the Linuxant
driverloader. I recently upgraded to FC3 - and the wireless network was
fine (once I downloaded the stk16 kernel). Unfortunately, I was having a
problem with Jpilot and my Palm Pilot, so I downloaded the latest kernel
etc from Linuxant and the wireless network stopped working - FC3 keeps
telling me that it cannot find the hardware!

The strange thing is that the network tool seems to know it's there,
sort of. It appears in the list of interfaces as 'ipw2100' of type
'ethernet' rather than wireless, but reports 'ipw2100 device eth1 does
not seem to be present, delaying installation.'

Anyone got any ideas????