Need ape audio player

Dave Stevens geek at uniserve.com
Mon Jan 10 04:48:18 UTC 2005

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 18:04:55

> From: John Wendel <jwendel10 at comcast.net>
> Subject: Need ape audio player
> To: fedora-list <fedora-list at redhat.com>
>

> I'm looking for a way to play .ape files. An ape to wav converter would
> be ideal. Found a couple of src rpms on pbone, but they won't build
> correctly. Any clues will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> John

Try the second method described at:
http://routes-linux.scooba.org/le_plugin_ape_pour_xmms.php#en

This worked for me. I run FC3 and Gnome by default. At first I got an error
message that xmms couldn't connect to the aRts server. I booted into a KDE
session and it played ok.

I need a means to convert .ape to any format k3b can handle. Any thoughts much
appreciated.

Dave

--
As for the future, your task is not to forsee it, but to enable it.
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery, in The Wisdom of the Sands