dhcppc1 in the file /etc/hosts error

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Mon Jan 10 13:02:19 UTC 2005

Am Mo, den 10.01.2005 schrieb Lloyd Hayes um 9:00:

> I have the same problem. I have the following line in my /etc/hosts file
> and also in /etc/hosts.bak:
>
> 127.0.0.1    localhost.localdomain   localhost
>
> Everything is fine until I connect to the Internet. Then everything
> quits working and I have to log out and log back in getting the error
> message that Gnome can't find DHCP-(whatever) and I start getting bugs
> in various items. However, my Internet service works fine.
>
> Upon finishing with the Internet, I have to re-boot the entire system to
> get back to normal.

> Lloyd Hayes <lloyd545220-trucker at yahoo.com>

It has been explained here on the list several times: you will have to
give your host a hostname different than localhost. Else the network
script will change the hostname to something different. So please use
system-config-network and set a hostname of your choice.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 14:00:41 up 18 days, 15:44, load average: 0.52, 0.48, 0.33