Linux equivalents for Windows apps [Was:linux equivalent for MS sharepoint?

Jeff Kinz jkinz at kinz.org
Mon Jan 10 15:03:03 UTC 2005

On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 09:52:44AM -0500, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Jan 2005, Jeff Kinz wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 09:03:02AM -0500, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> > >   what would folks recommend as a substitute for microsoft sharepoint?
> >
> > http://linuxshop.ru/linuxbegin/win-lin-soft-en/table.shtml
>
> that site doesn't seem to be available these days and,

I'm having no problems reaching it.  Can you get a traceroute?

> from what i
> remember from some time back, a lot of it was kind of dated.  it would
> be great to find a more up to date and maintained list of equivalents.

Dated:  yes - last updated in July 2003. but since it holds literally
hundreds of entries it is a very useful place to go for initial
research.  I have yet to see any other site with so much collected in
one easy to reference table.

Since I don't know what MS-Sharepoint is (Is it a powerpoint show
viewer? read-only?) I can't even guess what might be equivalent.

Mostly I'm posting it to the list so that folks here will know about
it.  Hopefully it will be of some use.

--
DEAD COMPANY WALKIN'      #####    #####   #######
DEAD COMPANY WALKIN'     #     #  #     #  #     #

Linux/Open Source:  Your infrastructure belongs to you, free, forever.
Idealism:  "Realism applied over a longer time period"
http://www.scaled.com/projects/tierone/
http://kinz.org