system-config-packages Can Not Find Installed Packages

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 10 20:38:40 UTC 2005

Kam Leo said:
[snip]
>>> Try using synaptic, the gui for apt.
>>>

>> Only if you aren't using x86_64.
>>

>> --
>> William Hooper
>>

> The poster said he went from an Athlon to a P4.

The poster said he had a macro because he had went from Athlon to P4, not
necessarily the current machine he is referring to.  However I was
pointing out in the general case, not this specific case, that Apt doesn't
like Fedora's multi-arch setup.

If I were pointing out something about this specific case, it would be to
point out the the OP has dial-up and has already expressed the desire to
do this from CDs, not over the internet.

--
William Hooper