FC3 Still Hates Me: No Sound

Dave fedora-user at nospam.dnsalias.org
Mon Jan 10 19:18:39 UTC 2005

On Monday 10 January 2005 06:26 pm, Kim Lux wrote:
> There was an issue with the intel_82xx sound devices whereby a driver
> had to be black listed for sound to work.  My symptoms with it look
> exactly like yours.  Search on blacklist and sound and you should find
> it.  Or look here:
>
> http://www.zd7000forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=3646

 Hmm ... I looked through dmesg and found no indications this sound card was
being detected as a USB hotplug device. I'll try putting snd_via82xx into
blacklist and see if it helps anyway.

 The only entry I found in dmesg for the soundcard was:

via82xx: Assuming DXS channels with 48k fixed sample rate.
         Please try dxs_support=1 or dxs_support=4 option
         and report if it works on your machine.

Which is interesting, and I'd love to oblige, but it doesn't tell me WHERE to
try the settings, or where to report the results ... nor what it's supposed
to do, so I would know if it worked in the first place ...