Unable to boot my machine

Richard Crawford rscrawford at mossroot.com
Tue Jan 11 06:50:27 UTC 2005

I ran up2date and installed the newest kernel on my machine, but now I
am unable to boot my computer at all.  I set the newest kernel as the
default in the bootloader, and rebooted the machine.  I got the
following error before it even got to the GRUB screen:

SYSLINUX 2.11 2004-08-16 Boot failed

On the off chance that this might have been a problem with the new
kernel, I booted the computer from the FC3 rescue disk, and switched the
default kernel back to the older one, but that of course did not work.

Any thoughts?  This one's got me stumped.
--
Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford (http://www.mossroot.com AIM: Buffalo2K)