mplayer as dependency error

Max Kanat-Alexander max_list at fedorafaq.org
Tue Jan 11 07:47:36 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-10 at 22:25 +0100, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Hello Max!
>
> Exactly that is the downside I see with populating this *example*
>
> http://www.fedorafaq.org/samples/yum.conf
>
> file.

	Hi Alexander! :-) FedoraFAQ.org actually doesn't say anywhere that the
file is an example.

> Maybe you should insert there a clear warning about consequences
> enabling all repositories in there.

	I see your point.

	The comments say that one shouldn't enable the two conflicting repo
sets simultaneously. 2500 people a day (which is how many visit the
site) don't. :-) I do see that a few do, though.

> And a comment about choosing more
> local mirrors (i.e. European users should use European mirrors mainly).

	Yes, I certainly see the problem, there.

	The goal of the FAQ is to provide the simplest, briefest possible
solutions that will work for everybody out-of-the-box. I have no simple,
brief way to explain to brand-new users how to use a mirror, or even
really how to manually edit the file (which they shouldn't do, if
they're brand-new, although that's up to them and part of their Fedora
experience). However, if they do want their yum to be faster, maybe they
should use mirrors. It's up to them, though, at this point. :-)

	Oh, and I appreciate all your helpful posts on the fedora-list, by the
way. I'm always seeing them around. :-)

	-Max