smartlink modem issues fedora 3

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 11 15:13:50 UTC 2005

--- Chadley Wilson <chadley at pinteq.co.za> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> could someone please assist me here,
> the smartlink slmodemd script that ships doesn't
> work with fc3.
> So I added
> slmodemd --country=SOUTHAFRICA /dev/slamr
> to my rc.local
> this also fails to load when I boot.
>
> I have checked that the slamr0 device exists and
> that the correct entry is
> in /etc/modules.conf
> if I run
> slmodemd --country=SOUTHAFRICA /dev/slamr
> from a terminal the modem works fine.
> Could some one make a suggestion for me to fix this
> that the modem loads on
> boot please?

If you have updated udev package to the latest try
#cp -a /dev/slamr0 /etc/udev/devices/
If this doesn't work, you can modify
/etc/init.d/slmodemd
script to load the values in the script.  Do you have
to type the commands as root to start slmodemd
# modprobe slamr
# slmodemd --country=SOUTHAFRICA /dev/slamr
?

Hope this helps,

Antonio