New Kernel has Quirks

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.msbb.uc.edu
Tue Jan 11 20:53:06 UTC 2005

    I am finding that the proposed rc.sysinit changes only partially
solve the problem. I can only see my the flash icon for Lexar Secure
Jumpdrive storage key when I boot the FC2 box with the key inserted.
In that case I can mount it and work with it. However if I unmount it
and then insert it, the flash icon never reappears. Sounds as if
quite a few other packages that relied on usbdevfs need to be updated
as well.
                  Jack
ps I have seen no problems with nfsd starting here. I can create an
nfs share and use it with the new kernel without problems.