New Kernel has Quirks

Temlakos temlakos at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 21:06:15 UTC 2005

Ben Mohilef wrote:
> Is this just me or have others had the following problems after the
> latest  up2date? The new 2.6.10 kernel seems to have the following
> quirks configured in on both i686 and SMP versions:
>
> usbfs support is not enabled, so no usb.
>
> nsfd seems to have disappeared.
>
> ndiswrapper won't compile properly because pci_save_state and
> pci_restore_state have changed. A simplistic alteration of the code
> in wrapper.c allows it to compile and install, but it will not see the
> wlan card. ( I didn't have the time to actually troubleshoot this and
> don't want to dignify what I tried as "troubleshooting").
>
> Other than that , the kernel seems OK.
>
> regards,
>
> benm

No problems here. When I shove in my Kingston Data Traveler, or hook up
a Lexmark Flash Reader with a card in place, each of those devices
mounts automatically, just as they always have since I installed FC3.
Moreover, because the flash card in question was used in a digital
camera, I get the "Import Photos" dialogue.

I haven't experimented with ndiswrapper, however.

Temlakos