FC2 6.5.10 usb mount problems?

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.msbb.uc.edu
Wed Jan 12 00:34:17 UTC 2005

    Is anyone else seeing problems with flash usb memory keys not appearing
in the Computer desktop folder after updating to the new 6.5.10 kernel
and updated initscripts? On my machine I can see that the usb device
is assigned a sd device name and appears in /proc/bus/usb but doesn't
appear in the Computer folder as before. The usb flash device only
appears there if I boot the machine with the usb key inserted. Oddly
even when it appears in this fashion, if I remove the usb key and reinsert
it the flash icon disappears but doesn't reappear.
           Jack