Install FC3 with 2.6.10

Ryan D'Baisse ryan.dbaisse at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 01:59:56 UTC 2005

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 20:42:01 -0500, Jim Cornette
<fc-cornette at insight.rr.com> wrote:

> If you are going to do an upgrade, you could change the repos to reflect
> fc3 repositories. Then you could install the kernel (and deps needed)
> with yum, apt or up2date beforehand. Then you could use the fc3 discs to
> complete the upgrade.
>
> If you are going to start a clean install, I'd at least download the
> 2.6.10 kernel for FC3 and attempt to install it on your existing FC2
> installation and download any additional dep rpms. You could then burn
> them to CD or store them on a hard disk or other device that won't be
> overwritten during the installation.

Okay, let me see if I understand this correctly.  I want to do a fresh
install.  If I just pull down everything that exists on the "Updates"
page of the Fedora site, and stick them on a CD, will that be
adequate?  If so, will yum pull from the CD if I do not have a
connection?

Thanx,
Ryan