dmraid in FC3?

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.msbb.uc.edu
Wed Jan 12 02:15:40 UTC 2005

    Does anyone know if the dmraid support is functional in FC3?
I have a user with a RedHat 9 machine who is using the non-free
Promise RAID drivers and he would like to upgrade this machine to
FC3 without reformatting. As I understand it, if dmraid was properly
integrated into the Fedora installer, it should allow the installer
to mount and upgrade the pre-existing RAID partitions (unlike FC2).
Thanks in advance for any advice on how well this process works in
FC3's installer.
            Jack