viewing Docbook files?

Eric Smith eric at brouhaha.com
Wed Jan 12 03:14:55 UTC 2005

I wrote:
> I see that the docbook-utils package includes docbook2ps.  Sounds
promising.
> I read the man page on docbook2ps, and it indicates that there should also
> be a docbook2pdf, but that doesn't appear to actually be in the package.
[...]

Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Use docbook2ps, then ps2pdf.

As you will observe if you actually read my message, I *did* try that.
docbook2ps is not actually producing any Postscript output for me, but
rather a .tex file.

If docbook2ps was doing the right thing, I'd be able to view the formatted
file.  Though I still suspect there must be some easier approach.

Eric