gnuplot/numeric/gsl saga continues...

Lozza Hyde lozza_hyde at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 12 08:00:00 UTC 2005

>Lozza Hyde said:
> > I'm really not having any luck with this at all.  my system tells me
>that
> > it gsl-devel is already installed, but it still gives me the same error
> > when I try to install Numeric.
>
>Please copy and paste the output.
>
> > I'm not install from the rpm, though I've
> > never had a issue with it before, could that be making a difference?
>
>Anything you install outside of RPM will not be in the RPM database.  This
>means if you tried to install something from source to resolve an RPM
>dependency it will never work.
>
>--
>William Hooper

It goes through the normal install script and then says that it is exiting
the process because it can't find lcblas.  It doesn't give and error code or
anything else.
The exact error is:
cannot find -lcblas

Someone else on the list suggested I check that gsl-devel is installed and
it is.

Cheers,
Lozza