fc2 - IBM x340 Installation locks

jon wyatt samuri at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Jan 12 16:44:25 UTC 2005

I'm trying to install fc2 on an IBM eServer x340-8656.
The Boot cd runs OK and I'm prompted whether to go for a graphical or text
installation. Either of these choices starts the load of the appropriate
installation software. A SCSI driver is loaded at one point and then the screen
fills with corrupted text, I'm told an error has occurred with the installation
and the installation hangs, usually with a message 'You may now reboot your system'

Any ideas?

I've installed windows on this box recently to confirm it was working but for
that we had to use specific SCSI drivers, I'm not sure if they'd be required or
in built to the fedora core. I know the fc2 disks are good as we use them on a
regular basis to build machines.

might I need to find the appropriate scsi drivers somewhere?

Thanks,
Jon.