Amavisd-new and antivir

Tibor-Attila ANCA anca.tibor at gmx.de
Wed Jan 12 23:31:49 UTC 2005

Hi all,

since a few days (since I installed AntiVir; FC3, postfix and
amavisd-new) I get messages like this in my LogWatch mail for root:

AntiVir or CentralCommand Vexira Antivirus av-scanner FAILED:
/usr/bin/antivir unexpected exit 214,
output="AntiVir / Linux Version 2.1.3-5 +gui\nCopyright (c) 1994-2004 by
H+BEDV Datentechnik GmbH.\nAll rights
reserved.\n\nLoading /usr/lib/AntiVir/antivir.vdf ...\n\nAntiVir is
running in DEMO mode.\n\007\nSorry, -z is not available
in DEMO mode.\n" at (eval 38) line 408.: 798 Time(s)

The thing is, that I registered AntiVir, copied the registration file
into /var/lib/AntiVir. If I pass the '-z' on the command line (I
created an archive to test it), everything goes fine. If AntiVir would
_really_ run in DEMO mode, than I would not be able to run an 'antivir
--update' cronjob, or what? The job is running, I get the newest
updates. If I issue 'antivir --version' there shows my registration info
up. So, it can not run in DEMO!

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
--