problems installing

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Thu Jan 13 01:34:21 UTC 2005

Am Do, den 13.01.2005 schrieb K to the evin um 1:10:

> I'm trying to set up fedora on my second hard drive.
> I have windows xp now.  I want a dual boot.  I DLed
> the .iso's just fine, but now, after burning them to a
> disk (using the software that came with my cpu) and it
> won't boot off them.  Does someone know what I'm doing
> wrong?

A question which appears here at least 3 times a week.

a) Did you do the recommended md5sum check against the downloaded ISO
image files?
b) Did you burn the ISO images to CD as images and not single files? You
must be able to see the CD content as several files and folder
structures and not one big single file on each CD.
c) Did you check you BIOS to be sure booting from CD is enabled?

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.10-1.8_FC2smp
Serendipity 02:31:15 up 2 days, 42 users, load average: 0.43, 0.62, 0.67