Amavisd-new and antivir

Roger Grosswiler roger at gwch.net
Thu Jan 13 06:40:52 UTC 2005

Tibor-Attila ANCA schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> since a few days (since I installed AntiVir; FC3, postfix and
> amavisd-new) I get messages like this in my LogWatch mail for root:
>
> AntiVir or CentralCommand Vexira Antivirus av-scanner FAILED:
> /usr/bin/antivir unexpected exit 214,
> output="AntiVir / Linux Version 2.1.3-5 +gui\nCopyright (c) 1994-2004 by
> H+BEDV Datentechnik GmbH.\nAll rights
> reserved.\n\nLoading /usr/lib/AntiVir/antivir.vdf ...\n\nAntiVir is
> running in DEMO mode.\n\007\nSorry, -z is not available
> in DEMO mode.\n" at (eval 38) line 408.: 798 Time(s)

Hi,

isn't the real executable in /usr/lib/AntiVir? Try your cronjob with
this path, i have excactly the same config as you and it works properly
- but i have /usr/lib/AntiVir/antivir entered as path, as it must not
be, that antivir created the symlink from /usr/lib/Antivir correctly to
/usr/sbin...and he always looks for the licence in the same directory,
as the executable is.

HTH
Roger