DoveCot vs Cyrus-Imapd Performance

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Thu Jan 13 07:55:08 UTC 2005

Hi All,

	searching my of-line fedora list archive (535271 mails) around did not
give me any information on the performance difference between using
dovecot and using cyrus.

Right now, I've installed and configured postfix and cyrus-imapd to
handle only 2 email accounts. (testing)

I recently had a chat with a friend and he was telling me dovecot is
turning out to be not only simpler in configuration but was also
faster(?) than cyrus-imapd.

To Run a imap server serving say a big corporation, heck even a _big_
ISP, which would have been better? Cyrus or dovecot? Has anyone any
experience with running both and testing/playing with either?

What are your thought and.....

--
Ow Mun Heng
Gentoo/Linux on DELL D600 1.4Ghz