/etc/X11/gdm/PostLogin/Default

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Thu Jan 13 09:18:23 UTC 2005

On Thursday 13 January 2005 10:40, Tony Dietrich wrote:
> How will you be adding users in the systems?
>
> If you are going to get the users added with the
> #adduser
> command, then all you need to do is alias the adduser command and wrap it
> in a script that can do any tasks you want.  Add the alias into the
> system-wide .bashrc etc.
>

> Tony
>
> On Thursday 13 Jan 2005 05:23, Chadley Wilson wrote:
> > Greetings
> > Does anyone here know if this will be right the right file to edit?
> > /etc/X11/gdm/PostLogin/Default.sample says this
> >
> > #!/bin/sh
> > #
> > # Note: this is a sample and will not be run as is.  Change the name of
> > this # file to <sysconfdir>/gdm/PostLogin/Default for this script to be
> > run.  This # script will be run before any setup is run on behalf of the
> > user and is # useful if you for example need to do some setup to create a
> > home directory # for the user or something like that.  $HOME, $LOGIN and
> > such will all be # set appropriately and this script is run as root.
> >
> > What would the command be to copy a file from $updatedir to the Desktop
> > of any new user created?
> > Bearin in mind this is the global config file and should apply to all
> > users on the system.  and that is why I ask, as $HOME will only reflect
> > /root and since this is a global file it is run as root.
> >

> > Otherwise what can I do to make sure that each new user created on the
> > system gets a readme.txt on the desktop?

Thanks Tony
I am a bit lost with your instructions, but to answer your question, I am
adding the user "user" with the password "password" in the ks.cfg kickstart
file.
It looks like this:
%post --nochroot
cp /etc/reslove.conf /mnt/sysimage/etc/reolve.conf

/usr/sbin/useradd user
/usr/sbin/chfn -f "user" user
/usr/sbin/usermod -p '$1$Xb/aeWb5$YDtP4/DngKe4kPO5uJimr1' user

mkdir -p /tmp/fedora
mount 192.168.2.1:/home/fedora /tmp/fedora
cp -r /tmp/fedora/updates /root/
cd /root/updates/
open -s -w -- run.sh
umount /tmp/fedora