YUM is failing, even after importing GPG keys

A. Rick Anderson a_rick at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 13 11:50:23 UTC 2005

Paul Howarth wrote:

>On Wed, 2005-01-12 at 23:01 -0800, Max Kanat-Alexander wrote:
>

>>On Wed, 2005-01-12 at 22:22 -0500, A. Rick Anderson wrote:
>>

>>>Setting up Repo:  kde-redhat-stable-all
>>>repomd.xml                100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
>>>Setting up Repo:  kde-redhat-stable
>>>repomd.xml                100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
>>>

>>	Apparently you added kde-redhat to the yum.conf. You'll also need a GPG
>>key for that.
>>
>>	You'll note that it says kde-redhat in the error message, too.
>>

>And I guess that gpg checking is turned back on for that repo in your
>yum.conf (or yum.repos.d/kde-redhat.repo) file, since you've turned off
>gpg checking by default as you mentioned earlier.
>
>A better option would of course to be to import the kde-redhat gpg key
>and turn on gpg checks for *all* repos.
>
># rpm --import http://kde-redhat.sourceforge.net/gpg-pubkey-
>ff6382fa-3e1ab2ca
>
>Paul.

Thank-you.

That solved the problem perfectly.  Now I am baffled as to how you
figured that out.  I did a grep on my /etc/yum.conf file, and while
*kde-redhat* was found in the the error message, *kde-redhat* is NOT
present in my /etc/yum.conf or the error message.  How did you know that
kde-redhat.sourceforge.net was the particular URL that would solve this
problem?

I even tried a grep on all config files in /etc:
[root at Anar ~]# vi /etc/yum.conf
[root at Anar ~]# grep kde-redhat /etc/yum.conf*
[root at Anar ~]# grep kde-redhat /etc/*conf*
[root at Anar ~]# which yum
/usr/bin/yum
[root at Anar ~]#

Is there another location that yum might be getting its configuration
from?  I am not explicitly setting an alternative configuration file
anywhere (ttbomk).  My yum.conf is attached.

--
A. Rick Anderson