KDE screensaver

mnikhil m mnikhil.juno at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 15:11:13 UTC 2005

Hi All :)

I am using kde on my Fedora Core 1 currently on my desktop, during
distro install I did not install xscreensaver package , now I have
installed it and its marvellous :)
now I have recently downloaded a screensaver called kinitsaver.kss
from the web page http://kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=4809
here is the package link :
http://kde-look.org/content/download.php?content=4809&id=1
I have downloaded the rpm and installed it , prior installing I did
the query to rpm that where would it install all its files.. like
this..

[root at linuxbox123 downloads]# rpm -qpl kinitxsaver-1.0-0a.i386.rpm
/usr/bin/kinitxsaver.kss
/usr/share/apps/kscreensaver/ScreenSavers/KInitxsaver.desktop
[root at linuxbox123 downloads]#
now as I have also installed xscreensaver package, how do I have the
kinitsaver also appear in the list of screensavers available in the
window of xscreensaver,
does any body have worked out the same thing..
Do I have to write any xml files ..

Please can any one tell me howto do this.. quite curious ;)

Regards,
Nikhil.