FC3 problem with bash shell

Valerie Caro valerie at cs.umass.edu
Thu Jan 13 19:16:24 UTC 2005

 We recently installed FC3 on some systems which were previously running
RH9. We are having a strange problem with the login shell. Though the
shell is set to be /bin/bash for certain users, they get /bin/csh instead
when they log in.

 The accounts are set up either through ldap or nis. When I set the
up the accounts in question in the local passwd file, the shell is set to
bash.  If I create a new nis account with the exact same settings except
the username, the shell is bash as well.

 Other user accounts in ldap or nis work fine with bash.
I am at a loss to determine what the problem is with these accounts.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

--
---
Valerie Caro		Computer Science Computing Facility,